The defacto best port of Rise Of The Triad called WinROTTGL
has been updated since the last time I checked. Some of the biggest changes in my opinion are:
- MP3 Support: It can now play MP3 files instead of the midi files it came with.. I got some MP3s that would be good for this!
- High Res Texture Support: A ROTT High Res Pack can now be made!
- Improved options windows for picking your options
- The mouse look seems to have been improved. It used to lock your mouse when you where shooting a bad guy so you couldn't look around very well once you had locked onto them.... this is because it didn't use to have mouse look you could only turn with the mouse so the old DOS version had auto tilting for shooting bad guys above or below you. Well in this version it seems like they fixed the problem leftover from that. It still seems to have a look spring function (returns your mouse to center) after you kill a bad guy though.
- Probably other things I have missed but those are the things that stuck out to me.
If you are an old school game fan like me but don't mind improvements on your old games such as texture filtering and such and you are a fan of ROTT then this is for you! If you are totally against filtering old textures and don't want to use new ones though you can still pick nearest neighbor filtering which gives you the same look as it originally was (pixelated).
In case you missed it here is the youtube video I took using FRAPS of me playing an older verison of WinROTTGL:
One last thing. Yes this is only for windows as of yet. It's open sourced so it's possible to port it to the Mac if anyone is interested. I would if I knew how.
@Shorty: This is the game I told you about where you can warm up the oatmeal with a rocket launcher blast so you can get more health!